Friday, March 10, 2017

Hiatus no more.

It's been three years already since my last entry on my blog. Well, actually, this is the first entry with lots of words. Haha! Anyway, I've been away from 3D world for too long that I needed to spent days weeks sitting, reviewing my arsenal. I am so behind right now, XD.

I used to write tutorials regarding VRay Rendering in SketchUp, but that was like 6 years ago (as of writing). I hoped that people can still find those helpful. Today, there are hundreds of tutorials over the net. You can find them easily by googling some keywords. You can even watch tutorial videos in Youtube.

You can find my tutorials here or you can visit my Facebook Page here.







Early 2012, I made a tribute to Philip Johnson's Glass House (photo above). I modeled the building in SketchUp and imported to 3Ds Max, and rendered with VRay. It was actually a 3Ds Max exercise. As far as I can remember, I used a plugin for creating snow on the roof , but I forgot the name. Those trees were from Evermotion by the way. 

After this, I stopped doing some 3Ds and prepared myself for the Architecture Licensure Examination. I sold my rig to fund my expenses for the exam. Hence the main reason I can't go back to 3D after that. The hiatus continues until the mid 2013 where I went overseas to work. There, I was able to produce some renderings but that didn't made me back to the game. Here are some of works back then.






Years after, I went back to my home country. I thought I can hop back to the course, but I was wrong. Ha! My attention was deviated to computer games and to scale modeling. I built Gundam model kits or Gunpla, model ships and model cars. Toy collecting and scale modeling were added to my hobby list.

Just recently, while browsing some 3D forums and portfolios. I felt a kick to my back. I had a feeling of urge to create something, to create new 3D artworks. This year I was able to start back. I am a fan of the anime series Initial D, so as an exercise, I made a fan art of the famous Fujiwara Tofu Shop! 
Still the usual workflow; SketchUp + 3Ds Max + VRay + Photoshop. I still have 2 more scenes for this with different mood. I'll post it when it's done.


That didn't stop. Right after I finished rendering the fan art, I went straight working with another scene. This time it's an interior design. 



Still rendering some additional scenes, though. I hope this enthusiasm won't fade and will continue. I may post a separate blog entry for this interior rendering. See ya on my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment